Sunday, April 19, 2009

Braganza Family Tree

I listen to my parents and relatives talk about their lineage all the time whether at home or at some family function. The talk is always "where so and so came from", "who he/she was married to", to their kids, etc. blah, blah, blah. My cousins Jessica and Brian and I have talked about actually constructing a family tree for our family, the Braganzas. I did a little research and came across some interesting stuff online that I will post whenever I have some actual free time (which seems like never these days! it's a miracle I am actually posting right now!). I continue to press for more questions asking if one of our relatives knows more information, how come they haven't created a rough draft and why are we just going off of what some older relative has said and no one wants to further investigate or document anything? Yes, I can be very annoying because those are just only a few questions I have asked out of many and it boggles my mind that by telling stories is enough information for me to pass down later on with confidence just as my parents had that same information passed down from their parents and older relatives.

Anyway, long story short, my Mom finally answered me and said a few of our relatives are actually doing research on it. I'm eager to hear what other information they have found but who knows when that will happen. I do have some information to contribute and ask them about if they haven't yet found out about it. She also mentioned that her Aunt, and my Grandmother Rosie actually has a BOOK on the Braganza family. I then asked her, " then how come you don't have a copy or try to get it from her?". I don't remember her response, probably because she deflected my question when I continued to press her for details. I completely forgot about that book she has in her possession that was written by some people in Alaminos City in the Philippines. I am going to inquire about the book she supposedly has myself since no one has bothered to do so. 

It turns out that my Mom just got a copy of a family tree, more like a rough draft. I have no idea who constructed it, but I plan to ask her more questions. It begins and dates back to 1822 with Mr. Agapito Braganza. Believe me, I would love to know if they can find any info on his parents that would take the tree back to approximately mid to late 1700s which would be so awesome to have documented.

2 comments:

  1. That is REALLY REALLY Cool! Let me know how it's going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely keep you updated on it. Can you imagine she has some book and no one has bothered to ask for it?!

    ReplyDelete