Saturday, June 6, 2009

F21 and John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.   - John 3:16 (KJV)

Ever looked at the bottom of a Forever 21 plastic bag? 

Every F21 bag has John 3:16 printed on it. I noticed this many years (more than a decade) ago, probably during my first purchase from the store. I'm bringing it up because as I was cleaning up, I noticed Morty was sleeping on top of the bag anad the John 3:16 was peeking out from underneath her big belly. I also read somewhere that In-N-Out Burger prints John 3:16 on the inside of the bottom rim of their cups and their hamburger and cheeseburger wrapper points to Revelation 3:20. 

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.   - Revelation 3:20 (KJV)

I'm sure all the Jesus haters out there are annoyed by the religion on packaging, but it clearly shows how deeply religious these owners are. So to believers out there, next time you unwrap that tasty burger, or sip on that refreshing beverage, or when you make that clothing or accessory purchase under $22.90, perhaps those subtle reminders can help to engage you in a moment to reflect on those important verses to yourself. 






2 comments:

  1. Didn't know about the In-N-Out cup. Did know about the F21 (obviously!). Pretty crazy stuff how people use different methods to spread religion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never noticed the In-N-Out cup of wrapper either, but it is interesting when you do take notice!

    ReplyDelete