Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Half Moon Pose - Ardha Chandrasana


Half Moon Pose - Ardha Chandrasana

In Sanskrit ardha means "half," and chandra means "moon," thus, this is the "half moon" posture. 

One of my favorite poses that tests/improves balance and lengthens the spine.
I have noticed I am improving because I am able to maintain proper form and stabilize the pose enough to really feel the overall stretch of the pose. Oh yeahhhh!

Benefits:
Basic stretching and balancing pose that mainly benefits the lower back, abdomen and chest. This asana makes the rib cage supple and flexible. It massages, loosens and strengthens the waist and brings balance in the body posture.

3 comments:

  1. I'd fall if I tried that. So jealous that you can do that! I've only done one yoga class and Wii Fit Yoga (not sure that counts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see how toned Kristy has been becoming. I'd confidently say that she is more fit than most 20 year olds that I know. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me, it took a lot of classes, sweat and just practice to become flexible to attempt and hold that. A lot of people can't connect with yoga, but those that do usually end up hooked.

    Oh, I want to try the Wii Fit yoga - sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete