Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dublin: Recent Addictions

Loving this postcard because the sheep is too cute! I think I was drawn to it because the sheep reminds me of my little Boo Boo that I miss. This postcard is for me.



Egg cups! I am in LOVE with them. We have them here in our apartments and how cute would it be to have my boiled egg served in an egg cup when I get home. I just had to get my very own egg cup. Here in our flat, it is used primarily for serving alcohol shots. Dual purpose indeed! 

While shopping, I came across this cute Celtic Magic necklace. It's a *mood* necklace and look at the cute cats looking out into the horizon! Morty!!! (and the rest of my cats), definitely entering crazy cat lady zone. And I love that it is a colour change mood necklace. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.


Baby Roll with strawberry and chocolate on vanilla cake --> OUT and American Style Mini Choco Chip Cookies --> IN!!! So addicted to these. The little baby cookies has an abundant amount of mini chocolate chip cookies in every bite! And for those that do know me, you know how much I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. And the best thing besides our boil-a-bag long grain rice is the instant just add water spaghetti bolognese. So much flavor, so much MSG! Love it on a lot of my I'm-too-lazy-to-cook days. Simply perfect!

Sweet potato chips in Sweet Thai Chili or Salt and Vinegar (for this week). I have been missing cassava chips that I always get at home so these are a great substitute although a bit lighter, but delicious with my ham sandwiches. And BALISTO is divine! It has a graham bottom with muesli mix and chocolate on top. So good! It's like Twix but a 1000x better since I am not a big fan of caramel.


20 minute meatloaf and Marisol's yummy rice. Sorry it looks pretty funky and plain gross, but the meatloaf crumbled because I was in a rush to transfer it to my plate with a butter knife, but I guarantee you, it was very very very good. Also, you can't even see the parsley scattered on top of the crimson colored sauce. It wasn't that dark! Don't make fun of me! This time the meatloaf was made with ground sirloin and I think I really like ground sirloin over the ground chuck (one I have been using here) or ground beef (at home). I've only seen the ground chuck and ground sirloin (the leaner ones) being sold so it gave me no choice but to cook with those and I really like the way the meatloaf turned out with the ground sirloin. Now, I want to try making it with ground round if I get a chance. As you can see, I was again, in a rush to chow down.


6 comments:

  1. Hehe, I know you know me soooo well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg Cups!!! Reminds me of those cartoons with rich people in it. Circa beauty and the beast style lol. I miss you Kristy let's hang out when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egg Cups!!! Reminds me of those cartoons with rich people in it. Circa beauty and the beast style lol. I miss you Kristy let's hang out when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jean: You're so right on that! Egg cups are awesome and would probably serve us better using it for shots. I miss you too a lot! Let's hit up that Thai restaurant we talked about ASAP when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes we should definitely do that! We got approved for our new apartment and we'll be getting the keys next thursday. It's close to Auntie Vivien's on Paramount & Rosemead by sizzler and fresh & easy we'll be closer!!! Savor ur last days there, have fun! Take a picture of the biggest Guiness bottle for me if you find one :)

    ReplyDelete