Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Biscuit

July may mark a period of summer, fun, sunshine and vacations for many, but July has has been a month of sadness for me. My Uncle Bob (my Mom's brother) suddenly passed away last week (a few days after I arrived in Dublin on Day 2, another post to follow shortly) and my dog of 12 years passed away last year marking Sunday, July 12, Biscuit's 1 year death anniversary. She died last year of lymphoma. She passed away roughly about 2 1/2 weeks after her diagnosis. I was making plans for treatment and surgery, but she never made it. I think she only hung on because she felt I didn't want to let her go, which I didn't. Her old age was risky for treatment and surgery and I was warned she might not have been able to handle one or both as a result. I miss her so much. When I had to move around she was always with me. I took her everywhere. She was my BFF and kid. Believe me, she is totally one of a kind and  irreplaceable. 

Biscuit
10/17/1996 - 07/12/08






Little furball tail on the right belongs to Boo Boo.



1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about her the other day while at your aunts. I can't believe it has been a year already. You are so right about Biscuit. She is one of a kind and will never be replaceable. Reading this post brings back the sad and painful emotions I witnessed the day she passed. Its a painful memory but thankfully you have so many more good memories of her and I am glad that I was able to capture some of them with and for you. Biscuit was almost human in my opinion! She was extremely smart and always sensed when something was not right. She felt your moods of sadness, anger, love and excitement. She was there for you hoping to give you comfort when things were not going well. She must have had dog intutions at the highest level. She is definitely one in a million. Seeing her photos makes me realize how much she is missed.

    ReplyDelete