Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dublin: Day 3

NOTE: Happy Birthday to my Uncle Christopher! Thanks for being there and supporting us all the time and for being an awesome and cool uncle. I love you and hope you have a Happy Birthday!

We are still waiting on our school ID cards from the registry so that we are insured to handle chemicals and everything else so we continued on with reading the scientific literature and putting our presentation together for a 3-day workshop on PDMS chip making that we are going to instruct in a few weeks. Another problem is that we didn't bring our equipment or masks for the fabrication because we thought DCU would have everything so we are waiting on that care package to arrive and hopefully it will get to us before the workshop since one day will be presentation and the other days are going to be a hands-on training. Wish us luck! Mirek will be presenting an intro but a majority will be discussed and taught between Marisol, Fernando (DCU) and yours truly.

Flyer that Mirek put together for our workshop. He did an awesome job incorporating all logos and designing it.



Check out the Steve Urkel lab approved vintage safety goggles in our lab! I could've sworn I saw similar styles selling at Urban Outfitters. Wish we had them at our lab. Can you just imagine us saying, "Did I do that???" a la Steve Urkel.

Marisol's turn with the goggles.
You just know what he just said or is about to say. 
No, not "Laauuuraaa", but "Did iiii doooo that???"


Another beautiful, gloomy and gray morning.


My arms are going to be strong from all that toilet flushing because the pumps and handles require muscle to flush the dang thing properly. None of that using your feet to flush when you don't want to touch the icky handle. That's for wussies. You need collaboration of your biceps, triceps and deltoids (and maybe your pectoralis) to get the job done.


There is a stopper in case I need to have just the right temperature of warm water to wash my face at school. Remember! Only use hot water if absolutely necessary! Otherwise, save water heating energy! 

Another lovely view from my room, the bin area!




My cozy twin bed


A wardrobe I wish I had at home in addition to my closet. Would probably need at least 3-4 of these.


Sneak peek although I had not entirely unpacked all my things. All that extra room makes me want to go shopping soon, which I plan to do very soon. Also, please refrain from laughing at my Jonas brother hat. Thank you.



My lovely and stubborn timer controlled heater. Sometimes it works but not for long. Still trying to figure out the 2 set timer on the dial. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong.


My room was missing a wastebasket so I let the receptionist know and she said she had an extra one left and she pops back out of the room with this plastic bucket/pail all for lil' ol' me. Ain't I so lucky?!?! I must have the handsomest wastebasket in the entire complex. My roomies will be jealous. At least it's a dual action bucket/pail for trash and a bath or washing clothes.
 

No photo of my desk because it is always full of crap and would like to take a photo when it is nice and tidy. It's where I spend a lot of time since the stupid short phone cord has to be attached to my laptop or else no internet for this baby. Le sigh... I miss the days when I can have the laptop on my chest surfing the internet while I lie with my back against a wall or headboard or my favorite, lying down with my head on a pillow with the pillow slightly propped up. For the laziest indeed! Everyone with their blinds open is usually at their desk facing their laptop as well. I'm sure a majority of the people here spend most, if not all their time at their desk. I will have to take a pic soon so you will understand what the hell i am talking about. I miss my wi-fi. 
 Boo hoo boo hoo boo hoo.


1 comment:

  1. Funniest post yet! I love the Steve Urkel touch... You forgot one of his most famous lines though. "You got any cheeeese?" Ha ha ha, funny. I actually like your bed, sometimes a little twin like that beats out the larger beds. Hmmm, maybe not entirely true but it sure does look cozy. You look gorgeous as always, even with the Urkel-esque frames covering most of your face.

    Hi Marisol!

    ReplyDelete